Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Senator Clinton Shows How It's Done

Here's a hint to the Democratic leadership. Do the right thing. Hillary shows you how:
ALBANY, N.Y. -- Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton, a longtime supporter of Sen. Joseph Lieberman, said Tuesday she will not back the Connecticut Democrat's bid for re-election if he loses their party's primary.

"I've known Joe Lieberman for more than thirty years. I have been pleased to support him in his campaign for re-election, and hope that he is our party's nominee," the former first lady said in a statement issued by aides.

"But I want to be clear that I will support the nominee chosen by Connecticut Democrats in their primary," the New York Democrat added. "I believe in the Democratic Party, and I believe we must honor the decisions made by Democratic primary voters."

This is as it should be. State your personal preference, then be clear you support the will of the voters. How hard is that?

Anglachel

No comments: